Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board is responsible for hiring candidates for various government posts in Jammu and Kashmir. It has released the latest notification regarding the recruitment of candidates for various District/Divisional/UT Cadre posts, which is available on their official website. As per the latest notification, the body is accepting applications from Aug 4, 2021.
Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board (JKSSB) has released an official notification for various posts including Junior Assistant, Veterinary Pharmacist, Electrician, & others on its website. So, if you are looking for a Sarkari job in J&K, check all the information about JKSSB here.
JKSSB – Eligibility, Application Process, Vacancies, etc.
JKSSB welcomes applications from eligible candidates for several posts under the Jammu and Kashmir Department of government jobs every year. However, candidates must check the eligibility before applying, as the final selection will be based on several criteria, with eligibility being one. Further in this blog, we will discuss all the necessary information about JKSSB and how it is the best bet to secure a Sarkari Job in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Application mode: Online
- Job location: Jammu and Kashmir
- Selection Process: Written Exam, Document verification and final selection
JKSSB Recruitment 2021 – Number of Vacancies
- Conducting body: Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board
- Number of vacancies as per recruitment notifications on June 4, 2021 – 503
- No. of vacancies as per March 26, 2021 notifications – 2311
- Total vacancies as per February 3, 2021
- Posts According to June notification:- Junior Environmental Engineer, Field Inspector, Assistant Information Officer, Scientist ‘A’, Assistant Law Officer, Draftsman, Research Assistant and many more.
- Posts according to March notification:- Junior Physiotherapist, Junior Radiotherapy Technician, Artist, Junior Laboratory technician etc.
- Posts according to Feb notification:- Junior Stenographer, Junior Engineer, Draftsman, mechanic, etc.
JKSSB Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the various jobs under JKSSB, it is important that the candidates check the eligibility criteria (age and educational qualifications) as it will be taken into consideration before the final selection.
Though the eligibility varies according to the post candidates apply for, the general upper limit age is 40 years.
- Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board Recruitment 2021 Application Process
- Visit the official website – https://jkssb.nic.in/
- On the top right corner, click on ‘Candidate Registration’.
- Fill in the required details.
- An OTP will be sent on the registered phone number and email address. Verify it and the application process is completed.
JKSSB Application Process – Steps to Login
- Click on the ‘Candidate Login’ option and fill in the email address and password.
- Click on Login.
- Candidates can check all the advertisements under the ‘latest openings’ section on the portal.
- Then, Click on Apply now and fill in the necessary details. Click on Save and proceed to the next step.
- Upload your photograph and signature as required.
- Give a final look to all the details and then submit your application.
- After successful submission, candidates will be redirected to the payment page. Pay the application fee and take a printout of the same for future reference.
JKSSB Recruitment Application Fee 2021
The fees will be paid only through online medium. Candidates can use Net Banking, Debit card, Credit card, Paytm, UPI for the same. The application fee for JKSSB 2021 is RS. 350/-
JKSSB Recruitment 2021: Document Verification Process.
After the written exam for JKSSB Recruitment, selected candidates will be called for the document verification process.
- Class 10th passing certificate
- Class 12th passing certificate
- Graduation/Post graduation degree
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Physical disability (if any) certificate
JKSSB Recruitment 2021 Admit Card release
The roll number slip of the selected candidates will be released two weeks before the exam followed by the release of admit card 1 week prior to the exam. In order to download the admit card, candidates will have to fill in the application no. and password on the portal. Once the admit card is downloaded, get a print out of it for future reference.
JKSSB Recruitment 2021: Selection Process
Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board will conduct written exams for various posts and selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the students. The shortlisted candidates will then have to appear for the Skill Based Test and after clearing it, documents of the selected candidates will be verified, marking their final selection.
JKSSB Recruitment 2021: Exam Pattern And Syllabus
The exam pattern and syllabus for JKSSB Recruitment differ on the basis of the post which the candidates apply for. However, the generalized exam pattern is as follows:
- The question paper will consist of objective type questions.
- The mode of answering has to be English Compulsorily
- Negative marking would be done and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for the respective posts on the official website.
JKSSB Recruitment 2021 – What about Results?
The result of the written exam will be released on the official website itself. The candidates should keep themselves updated with the exam result date and check it accordingly to confirm their selection. Selected candidates will then be called for document verification and the selection process will go on as mentioned above.
In order to clear the exam, the students should study thoroughly and have proper knowledge of their subject. Also, candidates can go for mock tests for better preparation.
We are sure that by now, students have all the information about JKSSB here. For latest updates on exam dates and other notifications, students can check the official website of the exam.