STATE TIMES NEWS
JAMMU: “SAATH” a rural enterprise acceleration programme for SHG women of J&K was launched by Lt. Governor, Manoj Sinha on 1st September 2021. SAATH, an initiative of Jammu Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) aims to contribute towards economic empowerment, development of rural women. Addressing the media here at Jammu, Mission Director JKRLM, Dr Syed Sehrish Asgar said that under this Programme “SAATH”, the SHG women entrepreneurs of rural areas will be provided mentoring and handholding support through intensive capacity Building workshops and one to one mentoring for upscaling their business ventures nationally and internationally.She further informed that, a total of 8085 applicants across J&K have applied for the programme, highest applications were received from Baramulla District in the Kashmir Division; and district Doda from Jammu division.Adding further, the Mission Director said that 500 enterprises (244 from Jammu and 257 from Kashmir Division) with the highest enterprise potential have been chosen for an intensive training program me to be followed by mentoring while 5000 entrepreneurs will be exposed to various business enablement strategies including e-commerce sales, branding. Dr Sehrish said that 95% of the applicants reported to be operating within the state while the remaining 5% had operations nationally while 45% applicants reported that given the right support they can offer employment to over 27000 rural women in the coming one year, with an average of 7.5 potential jobs being created per rural enterprise when supported through SAATH, while the remaining 55% applicants saw a new employment generation potential of around 2 persons per enterprise taking the total employment potential over 35000 in the UT of J&K. These 8000 odd SAATH programme applicants are employing approx 12000 employees presently, she added.Dr Sehrish said that JKRLM will facilitate to achieve the full potential of 35000 jobs and more in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir. It is to mention that the programme SAATH will launch its orientation programme in Jammu from 21st September, with the selected rural women for Jammu Division.
Indian Legal Lottery Operator Competing for Top British Contract
Ladakh reports 33 new Covid cases
Anti-inflammation drug may effectively treat COVID-19 complications in children: Study
Apple previews new software for iPhone, other gadgets
India’s gold demand bouncing back to pre-COVID levels, rises 47 pc in Sep qtr to 139 tonnes: WGC
Rupee rises 16 paise against US dollar in early trade
Rupee slips 6 paise to 75.02 against US dollar in early trade
DA hike to 31 pc effective from July 1: Fin Min
Rupee inches 5 paise higher to 75.03 against US dollar in early trade
Download 10Cric Casino app, and enjoy Indias most popular casino games, directly on your mobile!
Gamble with real money online! Play Indias favourite casino games at 7Jackpots.com, Indias most trusted online casino site.
© 2020 State Times Daily Newspaper | Powered by Ideogram Technology Solutions [P] Ltd.